Thursday 7 March 2013

Welcome.  Today my journey began. Well it actually began just after christmas, but today I started treatment.  I will do a separate post for what it has taken for me to get this point.  This is a journey everyone should experience at least once in their life...said nobody ever...  It is however, an experience that I would like to share with whomever is interested.  It may help you understand what it feels like to be diagnosed with cancer, all the emotions you are likely to go through, your change in priorities, who cares about you (this includes friends, family, work colleague and strangers). 

I had a phone call this morning from one of the ladies from the local video store to wish me luck for today.  I have only spoken to her once or twice.  She also proceeded to tell me that she is going to do the Shave for a Cure next week and shave her head for me.  She also asked if I would shave the first bit for her.  I was honoured.  Needless to say I had tears in my eyes.  I hope you follow my journey and laugh and cry along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment